Monday, August 11, 2014

Staying in Kearney

Sister Smith and I were only slightly worried that I would get transferred but alas, I did not! 

We had another crazy busy week with another one to come. 

I HAVE TO BE CAREFUL WHAT I SAY ABOUT KAREN NOW BECAUSE SHE FOUND MY BLOG ;) Love you Karen! 

We had quite the adventure at Karen's this week. We went out to her house to put up corn (she wouldn't let us help). Oh the skills you learn on a mission in Nebraska! haha anyway, we were just chattin away, sharing nursing stories and such. She had received a few warnings on her phone about a thunder storm...pretty normal for these parts. Well, all of the sudden we she got a call from her neighbor asking about the storm. She hangs up the phone and tells us we have to leave. She straight up kicks us out of her house! haha How rude ;) just kidding, it was good reason because we walk outside and there was lightening going every which way!!! Driving home we prayed so hard and we were only slightly scared (maybe a little more). We made it home safe, don't worry. 

Our investigator Leslie asked the question this week about crosses and if we wear them and stuff like that. Well I don't know if my mom ever remembers me asking this question but I do. I have never forgotten the reason my mom told me. She said, "If I were to die in a car accident, you wouldn't wear a car wheel around your neck. We don't wear crosses because we remember Christ for the life he lived and his resurrection."  "Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the words which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them." 
How grateful I am for a mother who taught be in the ways of the Lord :) 


I love you all and hope you have a great week! 

Sister Dumont
I love coney dogs

Sister Muasau and both the elders left :(

No comments:

Post a Comment