Monday, November 24, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Howdy!
This week was oh so good. So Ashley was sick this week and we couldn't meet so she will be getting baptized on December 6th. What a perfect day to be baptized. And what a great way for Sister Jones to end her mission :) 

Saturday we were blessed to hear from another member of the 70, Elder Martino. We had a leadership training with the ZLs STLs and DLs. The "He Is The Gift" initiative was  announced by President. It starts the day after Thanksgiving and goes until January 1st. christmas.mormon.org
We got to see a video presentation about it. Then Sister Case and I lived our dream. Ever since we were companions last year we wanted to sing "You're Here" by Francesca Batistelli but we didn't know how it would ever be possible. What if we weren't in the same zone (which we aren't) or what if we are even near each other. Well, Heavenly Father is aware of us. She is a Sister Training Leader this transfer (I don't think I mentioned that but my little child is a STL) and we were asked to sing at this meeting. The timing and situation could not have been more perfect. The spirit was so strong and it was the perfect way to kick off the Holiday Season. Elder Martino has inspired me to work smarter than I have ever before. "Now should be the most productive time of my mission."
Look Daddy!
I am so grateful first and foremost to my Heavenly Father for all he has given me. I am grateful to my Savior who gave everything to follow our Father. I am infinitely grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary at this time in NOM. This is Christ's true church on the earth and I know that will all my heart.
Hugs not Drugs! Sister Wrubell and Sister Smith, we all came out together.

My favorite saying from the Book of Mormon as of late is, "Repent and become..." 3 Nephi 11:37

It is not enough to just ask for forgiveness but we must 'do' more in order to 'become' more. We are all destined for greatness! I know that is true because we are glorious children of God. I love you all to eternity.

Sister Dumont
#shoutouttoaubsfortheornament

No comments:

Post a Comment