Monday, August 18, 2014

400 days of.....

400 days of a mission! We've been on the mission for 400 days, can you believe that? We won't talk about how many that leaves us with...

How was y'alls week? 


This week was so....great and crazy and busy. 

So Monday night sister Smith and I get a call from the TP sisters (Sister Call and Sister Nelson) saying that they got my letter and they wanted to know when we would be at the trail center the next day with Karen. We set it all up so that Sister Call could surprise her :) Muahahaha! It was so funny because on the way to Omaha Karen said, "Last night as I was laying down I realized we should have set something up with Sister Call and have her meet us there." She tried to pick up on our facial expressions but we have such good poker faces, she couldn't :) haha 



So many miracles happened on Tuesday at the Trail Center...where do I begin? I guess with the beginning: 
1. Karen's mom came with us so that was a blast. She is the cutest, funniest thing I've ever known. 
2. We were in the front taking pictures when we first got there and guess who pulls up? Sister Case and Sister Mahlstede! I never thought I would see Sister Case again until after the mission (she is now a trail center sister, aka perfect for her!) The cool thing is that they were only there for a few minutes. Lucky Ducky
3. Karen hadn't told her mom that she was getting baptized yet and so she thought this would be a good way to "break the news to her." Half-way through the tour she got a copy of the Book of Mormon and gave it to her mom and invited her to read it. She then told her the news and her mom was so happy she high fived us :) haha I guess you could say she took it well. Nancy, her mom, had so many great questions and it was really fun teaching her about all the pioneer stuff. She is really interested in family history. 
4. As we were walking over to the pioneer cemetery a big 15 passenger van with a trailer pulled up. They had 2 bingham miner stickers on it and I immediately guessed that it was the Christensens. We walked over to the Cemetery and I kept my eye on them. As soon as I saw the mom I realized I was correct, it was them. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES? Karen reminded me that it's all Heavenly Father....duh! After we looked at the cemetery and temple we went back over to the TC and I went and found them. I only really know the twins, Emily and Elise. I found Elise and it turns out she is just going home from her mission in Kentucky. Her family had picked her up a week ago and they were heading back. Emily is on a mission in Canada. I was in the Riverton children's choir with them, we golfed together in high school, and our cousins are married. It was so cool to talk with her about her mission for a minute.


Ahhh so much to say so little time. 

Well Karen passed her baptismal interview although they played a trick on us saying she wasn't ready.....So Thursday August 21st is the big day! 


I love you all so much! This work is they work of the Lord's so we can't fail. 

Sister Dumont 


No comments:

Post a Comment