Monday, January 19, 2015

Endings Are Not Our Destiny!

17 months ago it seemed like I would be here forever. My Grandpa had just passed away and all I wanted was to be with my family. I found myself thinking about how much longer I had to go and about the missionaries I knew around me already going home. "This," I thought, "is never going to end!"

I can certainly say that at that point, I just didn't get it. Luckily, I pushed through that first transfer. It wasn't easy but that's not what it's about. How grateful I am for the many people who have so greatly impacted my life. The past 18 months have certainly been the best for my life to this point. I am not the same person I once was. The reason being The Atonement. There has been such a mighty change wrought in my heart that I have "no more disposition to do evil but to do good continually." (Mosiah 5:2) 

I will be weird when I get home but we'll just keep it that way :) 

I don't have the words to express what I feel so I will just use some of President Uchtdorf's. 

"In light of what we know about our eternal destiny, is it any wonder that whenever we face the bitter endings of life, they seem unacceptable to us? There seems to be something inside of us that resists endings.

Why is this? Because we are made of the stuff of eternity. We are eternal beings, children of the Almighty God, whose name is Endless13 and who promises eternal blessings without number. Endings are not our destiny.

The more we learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ, the more we realize that endings here in mortality are not endings at all. They are merely interruptions—temporary pauses that one day will seem small compared to the eternal joy awaiting the faithful.

How grateful I am to my Heavenly Father that in His plan there are no true endings, only everlasting beginnings."

I would dare say that this ending, that of being a full-time missionary is 'unacceptable.' But I understand the Atonement and I am prepared to push forward. 

As I always say, "Onward, ever Awkward!"
Alyssa from the Riverton South Stake now live in Lincoln with her husband

Hobb, Sister Starkey, and Sister Newbold 
The Lincoln Sisters


Sister Dumont

No comments:

Post a Comment