Monday, September 2, 2013

So Many Blessings

Hola,
I cannot believe this week is the last week of my first transfer. Next time you hear from me I could be somewhere new (not likely). I will be well into (1 day) the 2nd transfer of my mission. Esta Muy Loca!



Heavenly Father has blessed me so much. Especially this past week. I was really having a hard time refocusing on the mission. I didn't think it would be possible to get over the homesickness or the wanting to be home with my family. Monday was a really hard day. So I think I have mentioned the Spicers before. They are our family out here. A young married couple, both served missions. Sister Spicer is really one of our best friends. She is so thoughtful and sweet. On Monday we went over there to do a family home evening lesson with them. S. Spicer gave S. Gomez and I a gift and a card. It was one of those willow tree wood carving statues. It was the one of an angel signing 'I Love You,' arms folded across the chest. We are so blessed to have the Spicers and other great members in our Branch to watch over and love us. 

Tuesday I was really struggling to focus on the work. We had an appointment at S. Bishop's house (the one who lost her grandpa on the mission) and that was such a tender mercy. I was able to talk to her more about how I was feeling and she validated my feelings. I told how hard it was for me trying to refocus on the mission and trying not to be sad or to miss home. She reminded me to not be hard on myself. I didn't even tell her that that was part of the problem was me being hard on myself for not being able to refocus. She was definitely in tune with the spirit. She said that it is okay to be sad and grieve but to maintain a healthy balance of work.

After that my day and week really picked up. I rarely found myself thinking of home or grandpa, which is such a blessing because I couldn't go a minute without that. We were able to serve and visit a lot of people and it just kept us so busy that I didn't have time to think. Even when we would get home I wasn't struggling as much. I know that it is because of the prayers coming from everyone so thank you so much. I really have felt the power and strength that has come from these prayers on my behalf and I am eternally grateful.

I am having the blessed opportunity of sharing my testimony through talents. Elder Tatafu, our district leader, has his uke here so we have been singing songs for lessons and so on.

Friday we had our Zone Conference. We were so privileged and blessed to have a general authority of the Lord come and speak to us. Elder Robbins of the 70. He gave us so great advice and counsel to move forward the work here in NOM. My invitation for the week is for all of you to read his talk, "What manner of men and women ought ye to be." It is so great and really put things into perspective for me. I was blessed to be able to see Sister Page! 



I had written her a letter telling her all about what happened with grandpa. She has been such a strength to me throughout my mission and I was looking forward to seeing her this week to be able to give her a big ole hug because she is my family out here. She and her amazing companion Sister Youngberg let me know that they have been praying for me.
I love being out here serving with such amazing people. Like I said I am really grateful for the prayers y'all have sent. I don't know the next time that I will see Sister Page, it could be the end of our missions, but I am so glad that we get to write encouraging words to each other.

Saturday there was a baptism in our branch. It was actually a family; mom dad and daughter. I, along with Elder Tatafu and Brother Spicer, sang "I need thee every hour" in Spanish for service. Manuel, the father, expressed his deep gratitude that song in Spanish was to him and his family. Baptisms are awesome!




Speaking of........our investigator, Miguel, has a baptismal date set for 9/14! He is a 21 year old guy, in the marines. His uncle was the one who got baptized on Saturday. His other uncle and parents are all members here in the branch. He is such an amazing young man and I cannot wait to see him enter those waters of baptism. We hope to teach his girlfriend soon but she lives in Omaha....little problem. 

Anyway, I love you all! Remember to always align your will to God's and everything will work out.

Love always and forever,


Sister Dumont!

No comments:

Post a Comment