Monday, October 21, 2013

HOWDYYY!!! (as my new companion would say)


Yup..that's right, I have a new companion! But I will get to that in a minute.

Last Monday it rained and rained and rained all day but don't worry, I wore my rain boots! S. Gomez and I decided to have a Halloween party by ourselves because we figured it would be our last p-day together. We got popcorn and candy and hot cocoa and Mexican sweet bread and all sorts of yummy stuff and we watched the Joseph Smith movie and President Monson's Biography. It was so much fun. 

We had dinner at the Bishops and guess what. I decided it was time to take Russel M. Neilson's counsel and Control My Appetite so I only had one serving and I controlled my portion size. The hardest part was only having one brownie because her brownies are my favorite but I did it anyway! Yay S. Dumont :) We did a little service at a less-active's house and then we had a lesson with Sylvia.

On Tuesday we were to find out about transfers. From what we understood, if either of us were training we would hear by 8:00 and if we were switching comps we would hear by 9:00. Well Sister Gomez started packing even though she didn't know what was going to happen. We didn't hear anything by the time we left for District meeting at 9:00 so we figured that we were staying together in Columbus and we laughed because all of her stuff was packed. The Norfolk sisters met us in Columbus and then we drove to Seward (hour away) for our District meeting. On the way there S. Fuller told us that if you are just switching companions or going to a different area then they call you after 10:00. Lo and Behold our Zone Leaders called us about 10:40 and gave us the news. They said, "have you talked to president?" "Well...no he hasn't called yet" "Okay well we will just tell you...Sister Dumont, you are staying in Columbus and you will be companions with Sister Case." (secretly I was screaming and jumping on the inside but I didn't want to make any of the other sisters in the car feel bad so I just smiled and said okay) "



And Sister Gomez is going to Sioux City and her companion is Sister Vogel." I knew Sister Case from exchanges a few weeks ago in Sioux city and on Sunday when I talked to her for stewardship I asked how she was feeling about transfers and she jokingly said, " if I have you or Sister Gomez as my companion I will be fine." Well Sister Case, your wish came true! So basically Between the 4 of us we just swapped companions because S. Vogel was with S. Case and now she is with S. Gomez. I seriously could not contain my excitement. We and the Pioneer sisters got to Seward around the same time. I got out of the car and ran to Sister McMaster and S. Schrader and found out that S. McMaster (she came out with me and we have been in the same district for our whole mission) is going to be with her first companion again and a sister trainer leader in Omaha. S. Schrader is training for the first time but she is still in Lincoln. Things just got so crazy! When we got back from Seward we helped a less active member move into her house and then we had dinner with the Shaws and the rest of the night was spent saying goodbye to families for Sister Gomez. That made me realize how hard it will be when that day comes but I can do hard things so it's fine!

Wednesday we drove to Lincoln to drop S Gomez off and pick up S Case. We got there and they said the transfer van hadn't even left yet (45 minutes away) so we went and ate breakfast. Meanwhile Sister McMaster, Schrader, and Wrubell walked in. I haven't seen S. Wrubell since The end of August! She is one of the sisters who came out with me so like family! I had a minor freak out. Also I thought I said goodbye to Sister McMaster but luckily for me I got to see her again! There are so many awesome missionaries in this mission I can't even stand it. We all took photos and then S. Case finally got there. When she got out of the car we screamed and ran for each other. I think everyone else was jealous. HaHa! This sister is my homie and I love her so much! So I have a step daughter now. We had a few appointments and then took her home to unpack.

Thursday we had 2 concerts scheduled at nursing homes so we practiced for that. I don't know if I told y'all but when we did exchanges with S. Case a few weeks ago S. Case and I sang I Know That My Redeemer Lives/ I feel My Saviors Love mashup and we recorded it. Well now that we are comps we sing it everywhere for everyone and we got to sing it at the concerts. We had appointments pretty much all day. Brother Vavra invited us over for dinner so we could start teaching his friend Tayna. We had an awesome lesson about the Book of Mormon and she is so prepared to hear the gospel it is nuts. The spirit was so strong and everything she said just led back to the Gospel being the answer. We will be teaching her and her mom every Thursday so we are really excited about that. Then we got to go the the RS Enrichment activity which was pie making/eating. S. Case got to meet some of the RS Sisters so that was awesome!

Friday we got to do some service for one of our investigators sisters and then we went with Vickie, our less-active, to the trail center. We had such a blast and the spirit was so strong through the tour. She said she thinks she wants to serve a mission so hopefully she keeps feeling that. She works on Sundays so that prevents her from coming to church.

 :( K I am out of time but I just wanted to share a funny story. We were at an investigators house and somehow it came up that we were gangster cause we are so cool and so he called us Gangsters for God! Also we got called the singing nuns at the nursing homes! Life is so good here in Nebraska! It is getting cooler by the minute but the work is not! Please write me everyone :) I want to know how y'all are doing! Peace and Blessings!


Love Always, 
Sister Dumont

No comments:

Post a Comment