Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Una Buena Semana

The weeks just always speed by!

Monday was a pretty busy day last week. We drove up to LaMars, Iowa to start our week full of exchanges.

LaMars is the Ice Cream Capital: Blue Bunny Ice Cream


Tuesday was exchanges with the LaMars sister. With Sister Curfew I did service at their Ward Mission Leader's house picking up branches and cleaning up their big yard. It was so fun! I got to see Sister Smith, who was in my MTC district. Before S. Curfew and I left we went into say goodbye to Sister Walker and we got talking about how they got the house and property. She said they could not afford it financially. It wasn't supposed to be able to work out. But she prayed to Heavenly Father to ask about what to do because she didn't think they could keep up with the payments. Heavenly Father answered her prayer through the scriptures and she has the very strong feeling that their land will be used for the saints at the second coming when people gather with the Savior. The land that we were able to clean and take care of is or one day will be very sacred land. We were so blessed to be there.

Narnia Tree S. Curfew and I

S. Curfew and I, earlier, took sometime to go into the woods and pray. We had such an amazing experience and after we each finished our prayers we started singing, "Oh how lovely was the morning."

We switched companions around 3 and I went with Sister Kent. We found a guy who actually was married to a lady who is the granddaughter of a general authority. He wasn't baptized but his daughter was. I hope that they are able to teach him. That night we drove 30 minutes to Sioux City to be with the Sioux City 1st sisters. Sister McFadgen has been out for a few weeks. She is from Canada. I love her so much. It was so fun getting to know her. We have a lot in common. She is already a great missionary. 

S. Smith, my MTC sis, is my favorite. We got to teach a less-active family. We had such a blast together and we decided one day we are going to be companions.

Sister Smith and I Love doing headstands. She Taught me how at the MTC


Wednesday night we went to stay with the Sioux City 2nd sisters. Sister Vogel and I were friends on Instagram before we came on our missions but I finally got to meet her in real life. haha she is so great. Sister Case is another sister who just came out. She is from Texas. We had a lesson with a member and then we all went to serve at a Christian food kitchen. S. Case is an amazing singer so we sang I Know That my Redeemer Lives/ I Feel my Saviors Love  We recorded it so I will have to send it home somehow. It was hard being away from 'home' but we are so blessed to be able to care for and love these sisters.

Friday and Saturday we had appointment after appointment so that was fun. It kept us busy. Saturday was the Broadcast. It was so amazing. If y'all haven't seen it you should! It is all about making and keeping covenants. One of our investigators, Sylvia came to it.

Sunday I sang Savior, Redeemer of My Soul and sister Gomez played the piano. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to share my testimony through talents. It is going to be another great week! Sorry there isn't tons to write about today. I hope all of you remember how much our Heavenly Father loves each and every one of you. We are so blessed to have living prophets on the earth at this time. They truly are messengers of our Heavenly Father. They speak for him on this earth today. I hope all of you can watch as much of conference as possible. Keep up the great work!


Love Always,
Sister Dumont





No comments:

Post a Comment