Monday, November 11, 2013

Together Forrrrevvverrrrr

Howdy Y'all! (This cowgirl companion is sure rubbin off on me),

This week was absolutely incredible. Gaul I sure love being a missionary. So first of all I need to make a shout out to my Lil' Sis Joshlyn for being officially engaged! And to all of my friends who are pregnant! That just straight up blows my mind. Everyone is getting married/having babies and I'm just over here like, "I'm saving some souls!" But really, congrats to all y'all. Also IT'S MY HALF BIRTHDAY! That's right, I am now 21.5 years old. That is crazy. Also yesterday was my 4 month mission birthday. Crazy! KyBear, how is the countdown lookin?

So Monday....For FHE last week S. Peschke gave a lesson on how hymns bring the spirit. S. Case and I got to sing I Know That My Redeemer Lives/I Feel My Saviors Love. It was so great and we were able to help with the lesson so that was happy. One of the Elders is trying to learn how to cook so he made key lime pie and it was SO SO good.

On Tuesday we went to our 11 year old investigators basketball game at the middle school. Afterwards her mom, Sylvia, invited us over for dinner. She is the sweetest thing. We went and visited a less-active family who is working on getting to the temple. Their three year old daughter, Kaylee Blue, is the funniest thing. She reminds me so much of Lily! She was dancing and she goes, "I'm feeling jiggety." We decided that is what we are going to say when we started getting tired. I'm getting jiggety! 

Wednesday we had district meeting in Seward and it was just what I needed to hear. We talked about how we can have more meaningful prayers and how we can help our investigators do the same. We had dinner at the Reeves and Sylvia came along and then we taught the Law of Chastity. Thank goodness Sister Reeves was there because us little girls didn't know how to answer some of her questions and it was just a whole lot less awkward. haha Oh the joys of being a missionary!

OOOOhhhh shout out to my Baby Brother, Chomper aka Zane for being so awesome! Love you buddy!

Thursday was a busy busy day. We had appointments and helped people move and dig holes for a fence and we changed our outfit like 3 times from skirts to pants to skirts and back a few more times. We were doing some service tracting, which is where we tract in our service clothes and ask if there is anything we can do to provide service for them. People are a lot less mean when we're not dressed up in skirts. haha They're not mean, they just don't always want to listen to us. We ran into this sweet old lady, Twila, and she just kept telling us how good looking we are! Ha, ha, S case and I are getting really good at digging post holes so we're gonna start a business....not really. It's just a great stress relief. Could someone please explain to me what chicken gizzards are? K thanks!

Friday we had an appointment with Miguel before he headed into Omaha for the Marine Ball. We had our lesson at McDonalds and had breakfast there. I LOVE MCDONALDS BREAKFAST! there was a bunch of older people there for breakfast so we decided that will be our breakfast club when we are older. Sister Case and I were planning and decided to teach the plan of salvation to some investigators. We remembered we had a video called Together Forever that was all about the plan of salvation so we decided to watch it and see if we could use it in our lesson. Neither of us had ever seen it before but all I had heard from Sister Gomez is that it is a cheesy 80's film (which is kinda true). We started watching it and the more and more we saw the better it got. It is a bunch of different videos and examples of how the Plan of Salvation blesses us. At the end it plays "We Can Be Together Forever Someday," and I just lost it. That song reminds me of Ashley and then our Garn family video so I was thinking about grandpa. Sister Case and I sat on my bed crying for a good 15 minutes. Then we started laughing at how funny that was that this moving touched us so much. Needless to say it is our new favorite movie so if you haven't seen it I HIGHLY recommend it. Just make sure you have some tissues, K?

We finally had another appointment with our investigator Joan after like 3 weeks! She is set to be baptized in Feb. but she is so totally ready now! It is nuts how ready she is. We talked about baptism and confirmation and she knew everything! Gaul we are going to move up her date! We have to. 

Saturday we went and got our oil changed and tires rotated. The elders came and gave our investigator, GJet's, son a blessing because he has epilepsy and they are trying to figure out If he needs surgery or not and they were just stressing out about it. We think the blessing helped calm them down. Sylvia invited us over to make Sister Linquists recipe of carrot pineapple cake. IT IS SO GOOD! I crave it all the time. luckily Sylvia sent us home with some!

Sunday the Spicers had us over for lunch to celebrate my half birthday. She made me a cake and everything! Gaul they're great! We did some planning and Then we had dinner at the Bishops. We felt prompted to stop at a less active member's house and we are so glad we did. We had an awesome talk about obedience and she figured out what she needs to do to get her life back in order!



So 2 nephi 4 is awesome and Nephi reminded me of myself. His dad just died and he is having a pity party for himself saying how awful he is and how he isn't perfect and won't be but then he snaps out of it and realizes how blessed he is. We are all so blessed and have so much more to be thankful for than to be sad or down about. My challenge to each of you this week is to read this chapter and strive always to be grateful, even through the trials! Heavenly Father loves each of you so so much! I hope to hear from y'all this week! Keep on keepin on! I love you all so much :)

Love always and forever,

Sister Dumont!

No comments:

Post a Comment