Monday, October 20, 2014

This is His Work!

Howdy Y'all!

Well we went to Vala's Pumpkin patch last week. It was a big deal. A bit rainy but super fun. There is so much to do there and so little time. *Another shout out to Stacey Vance for taking us* We all had a blasty blast!

Not a ton happened in our area this week but we got to go on exchanges Thursday-Saturday and we saw a lot of miracles in Lincoln. The biggest miracle of all is that I got to finally be companions with Sister Youngberg...for about 4 hours. Sister Youngberg was Kaela Baucom's roommate in college. She trained Sister Page and basically she is the most meek and powerful teacher I know. I have looked up to her my whole mission (probably because she trained Sister Page...hard work ;) just kidding Sissy) but i am so grateful that I had the opportunity to learn from her those few hours. She goes home in 9 days (YIKES). She taught me a few valuable lessons: 1. "Never apologize for what you bring to the table" this is a quote from Sister Zachary in the Fairview ward. She usually means food but it also applies to the bigger picture. 2. This is the Lord's work. As we do all in our power we will the works that only he can do. (I would put a photo but my comp hijacked my camera).

We are still trucking along here in "The Mouth" as Karen calls it. I am learning a lot about patience and trusting in the Lord :) We were both sickly this weekend so that's been fun....

I love you all! Keep the faith and trust in your Heavenly Father!


Sister Dumont

No comments:

Post a Comment