Monday, October 6, 2014

All Good in the Hood!

Howdy! 

Who loved conference? Raise your hand! I hope that was all of you! If you didn't watch it....JUST DO IT :)

Well let me tell you a little about my week:

Tuesday I was on exchanges with none other than my Sister Schrader! Remember her from the beginning of my mish? Aka best friend :) We were in Plattsmouth and we just tore it up. We only had 4 lessons but that is more than I've had in one day since I've been here. Unfortunately, she goes home at the end of this transfer but it was really neat to talk with her about her fears and then to see her realize there's no need to fear because she has every tool she needs to stay on the right path. We found a new investigator, Tina, who recently lost her daughter to Pulmonary Hypertension. We are excited to teach her the Plan of Salvation tomorrow. Also we met *Sister Vance* at CHICK-FIL-A 3 of my favorite things! Sister Vance, Sister Schrader, and my number 1 with a cookies and cream shake! We had a super spiritual lesson about God's love for us individually. 

Wednesday into Thursday I was on an exchange in the Fairview area with Sister Hirro, who is a Temple Square sister in our mission for 2 transfers. She is flippin' awesome! She is the most positive person I know, not to mention she is from the Philippines. Wednesday we walked probably 3 miles and finally found their investigator we were searching for. Then Thursday we got to Bike!!!! OH my goodness it was so fun:) She hadn't biked since.....a long time so it took double the time to get anywhere but that's okay. JOY IN THE JOURNEY! A plus side, we found a potential investigator for Sister Jones and I. We were riding back home and Sister Hirro stopped to save a Caterpillar (cute right?) and this man walked by. Well we decided we needed to talk to him but he was far ahead, then we remembered we were on bikes so we caught up the him (more like chased and followed him) until we could give him a BOM. 



I GOT TO SEE SISTER SMITH!!!!

I have been missing her and Kearney so much this week, it's bad! But I remembered something wise old *Sister Vance* said to me: "When God takes something good away, he always gives us something better." This always reminds me of the scripture in 
2 Nephi 10:20 And now, my beloved brethren, seeing that our merciful God has given us so great knowledge concerning these things, let us remember him, and lay aside our sins, and not hang down our heads, for we are not cast off; nevertheless, we have been driven out of the land of our inheritance; but we have been led to a better land, for the Lord has made the sea our path, and we are upon an isle of the sea.

I love you all so much! Always remember the tender mercies of the Lord, even when you can't see the big picture. He always has something better in store for you :) 


I LOVE YOU AND I LOVE JESUS CHRIST! 

No comments:

Post a Comment