Monday, December 23, 2013

SANTAAAA....I KNOW HIM!

Well, another week is come and gone. I can't believe it. I probably say that every week huh? Well it's true! Is it going this fast for anyone else? This past week has been the busiest/ craziest weeks ever.



We spent Pday in Lincoln last week and slept over at the Pioneer Sister's house. Our car was SOOOO dirty from living out in the country so we figured we'd go get it washed before zone conference. We went to the car wash and halfway through it just stopped so the front half of our car was clean and the back half now was frozen mud! We went in and told the lady and she gave us a free car wash and said to try again and it was out of service. Yikes. Plus, it we were like 10 minutes late getting back to their house and I felt bad because I like to be obedient so we walked into their house and I was just being bummy.



We go down the stairs and turn the corner and there sits SISTER PAGE! I hid behind the wall and looked again because I thought maybe it was just a figment of my imagination. They tricked me! I didn't think she was going to be sleeping there too but she did! That was the best surprise ever!

Zone conference was incredible. We focused on the atonement and everyone had to write a 1 page talk on the atonement and then they drew names out of the 'Christmas box' and they had to give their talk. Sister Case and I didn't get called. We did, however, sing "I Know/I Feel" mashup. The best part was a video that President Weston showed about Christ. It was part of a talk by president Erying and Part by Elder Holland given to the mission presidents. Elder Holland is addressing the question, " Why is a mission so hard?" I had been thinking that same thing for a while now. I mean, I never expected it would be easy but I didn't think it would be hard either. haha Well he threw down. He said something to the effect of, "Christ never once had it easy. He was rejected, spit at, exhausted beyond belief, and many other things. Why would we have it any easier? What we go through in this life is just a teeny tiny token of the price he paid. Use that! Call on the atonement every day!" Elder Holland is the best! This was exactly what I needed to hear. "None of this is easy because salvation isn't cheap!"





My second favorite part of zone conference was the 'Elf yourself" video the Weston's son made for us. It was president and sister Weston. I have never laughed so hard! It was incredible! Wednesday was the day we moved back into town to live with the Spicers. They were there until Saturday and then they left for Utah so now we have the apartment to ourselves until Jan. 1st. It's great! We call them Mom and Dad and we are their twin girls! It's a blast! We are sad they are gone!

Thursday we made enchiladas and had family dinner with the spicers. They were so good! The relief society did an ornament exchange where you bring an ornament you don't want anymore and then we play like a white elephant game. Some of these ladies are so stinking crafty it's crazy! There was a really cute homemade Grinch one and then ninja turtles. I got a cute little flower one made from toilet paper rolls (Shout out to sister Kelemen!)



Joan moved her date up! Instead of getting baptized 2/22 she's going to get baptized 2/21.....not exactly what we had in mind but it is moved up. HaHa! We had to go get our battery changed on Friday. 

Saturday was SHOPPING WITH JETT! We went Christmas shopping with her and it was so much fun! We went into Omaha for a little while but ended up getting presents at Walmart anyway. We listened to Disney music the whole way and she wanted to kill us but we made her sing along with us and have fun.



I gave a talk in church on Sunday about the gift of the Holy Ghost and Eternal life. It's the first time I have given a talk in church out here and we're supposed to do it once a transfer. I'm not complaining though :) I was grateful for the opportunity to study and prepare for it. GJett came to church for the first time ever. She is so great! She brought cookies and juice for all the kids. She is so willing to help out anyway she can! Sister Case and I decided to just wear flats to church and we regretted it the whole time. Our feet were so numb! Now we know that we will never not wear our boots again until it is warm!

The Cerna's had us come over and they gave us cute little Christmas presents. Grandma Cerna gave Sister Case and I turtle necks so we are excited to wear those for matching District meeting! We then visited Eileen (92 year old). She is so stinking sweet. She tells us that we have the faith to move mountains and then went on to explain, not literal mountains but mountains within us. That was exactly what I needed to hear! She is incredible. Then she said, " I will say a special prayer for you two tonight as you are away for the holidays but it will be okay because you have ME!" She's so stinking adorable!


Well I hope you all have an amazing Christmas! Remember the real reason for the season and think of how you can involve Christ more in your life everyday. I love you all so much and I am grateful for your love and support!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS HARRY!

Love always,


Sister Dumont

No comments:

Post a Comment