Monday, September 22, 2014

Plattsmouth (pronounced Plattsmith

Well, I am no longer in Kearney or with Sister Smith :( But I am in Plattsmouth with Sister Jones! Yay! 

Leaving Kearney was one of the hardest things I've had to do but that is part of life. Saying "see you later"  to all of those awesome people was sad but one think is for sure: I am where Heavenly Father needs me to be. I just wrote an email to Syd Miles and I wanted to share something I shared with her. Our whole purpose in life is to learn to do Heavenly Father's will. That was Christ's whole purpose as well. D&C 19:24 "I am Jesus Christ; I came by the will of the Father, and I do his will." It is not easy for us to accept and do his will all of the time. The way that we know Heavenly Father's will for us is through prayer and scripture study. I testify that as we align our will with the Father's, we will become more like our Savior. It won't be easy but Christ knows what that is like. He knows perfectly how to help us.

I am so thankful to my Father in Heaven that his will was for me to serve a mission. This gospel is true and I know that with all of my heart. My heart has been changed as the people of 
King Benjamin:

Mosiah5:2 "And they all cried with one voice, saying: Yea, we believe all the words which thou hast spoken unto us; and also, we know of their surety and truth, because of the Spirit of the Lord Omnipotent,which has wrought a mighty change in us, or in our hearts, that we have no more disposition to do evil."

This is all possible because of the spirit. We must surround ourselves with the spirit because that is how we change. Is there something in your life that you need to change? I promise that if you will seek God's will and surround yourself with the spirit that you will do it. You will change. I testify because it happened to me and I hope you all have felt that as you read these emails. Again, I love my Savior Jesus Christ.

That was kind of a rant! Sorry not sorry! 

In other news, Sister Jones is awesome! I mean....just look at her!




Oh.... and I cut my bangs! ahhhhh!




 Best friend bangs with sister Checketts!!!! 


















There is a LOT of work to be done in Plattsmouth, it willl probably be my hardest area but LETS DO THIS!

Oh also I'M GOING TO THE ZOOO, ZOO, ZOO, HOW ABOUT YOU?! 
I'll let you know all about it next week :)

I LOVE YOU ALL! 

CTR please! 

Sister Dumont
Mindi Gray's baby! I was there for almost all of her pregnancy :) 












I hid in the trunk











1 comment:

  1. Brews misses you (& so do we!)... Hope everything is going well & that you're steering clear of WalMart.

    ReplyDelete